Monday 2 May 2011

Slo Mo Jell-O

Apologies for the Americanised title, but it rhymes, so I felt the sacrifice was worth it. I saw this slow motion video of a jelly cube bouncing, and it looks pretty cool.



I don't know about you, but I love watching things shot with those super-high framerate slow motion cameras - you see all sorts of things that you never noticed before. Things that used to look solid and stable actually wobble all over the place (for example, when cricket ball hits the bat, the bat wobbles all over the place in a way you just can't see normally:



Top marks for my favourite slow motion shots though, has to go to water droplets. Check these bad boys out:



The best bits are at the end of this one, I just find it amazing the way the droplets actually sit on the surface of the water due to surface tension, it's crazy and you just don't see it in real time. I love this universe:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis